Sunday, November 23, 2008

Book Review Podcasts

One great site that I use for podcasts in my classroom is found on my librarian's website. The fourth graders at my school create podcasts about books they've read and give reviews for others to read. They are broken down into categories so students can find exactly the type of book they are searching for. My students know how navigate through the different podcasts until they find a book that sounds interesting and then they can go to the library to check it out. These podcasts are extremely helpful to promote books that are in the library and really makes the students want to read and read more. They enjoy listening to other student's voices the most! Check the podcasts out at http://www.mtlsd.org/markham_elementary/library.asp. You will need to scroll down the page until you find the section on student podcasts! Hope you will find this site as useful as I do!

No comments: