Sunday, November 23, 2008

Podcasting in the Classroom

This week for our assignment I decided to put podcasts to work in my classroom. I am always very excited about using my students to try out the new ideas I learn through my classes. Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I had my students team up and read a play about Squanto. Not only did the podcasts teach them the value of speaking clearly and fluently but it also taught them about patience and team work. To listen to my students podcasts, reciting the play, Squanto's Home, check out my school librarian's website at http://www.mtlsd.org/markham_elementary/library.asp. They can be found under the category Thanksgiving Podcasts by Second Grade, Room 9. There were 3 different groups each reciting the same play. I used audacity to record them and then turned them into MP3's so they will play on any computer that contains Windows Media Player. Enjoy :)

No comments: