Thursday, November 6, 2008

Contribution to Wikipedia- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program

I found it very interesting that anybody is able to contribute to the Wikipedia website. Now, I realize how the site could not actually be considered a valuable reference to use when teaching students how to research and find meaningful information. I choose to contribute to an article about bullying in school settings. I added to this page because at my school we have adopted a bully prevention program last year. It really has shown to be affective in making students more aware of bullying and how to spot bullying when it is happening. It also, differentiates between "bullying" and "tattling" which is a great factor when dealing with the elementary grades. Overall, the program has shown, just in the last year, a huge decline in bullying behavior and has the school more united.

No comments: