Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Educated Blogger

I recently read an article by David Huffaker titled, "The educated blogger: Using weblogs to promote literacy in the classroom." I was searching around to learn more about using blogs in the classroom and learn about unique ways of incorporating them so my students will get the most out of it. I found his article and found it to be very insightful. My favorite part of his article was his links to teachers using blogs in the classroom. I found it to be very useful for ideas and it was great to actual see young students blogging! You can find the article at http://www.firstmonday.org/ISSUES/issue9_6/huffaker/#h4. Make sure to check out under the heading "Example blogs in the classroom," especially if you are new to blogging like I am.

1 comment:

BillyS said...

E,
No doubt there are great ways to use blogs in the classroom. I use one with my AP US History class and it is a great way for them to ask me and each other questions on material. Hey, just like the author said, it provides an arena where self–expression and creativity are encouraged